- I want to understand how the pandemic affected waiters and waitresses at the start of and where we are now in the pandemic.
Questions: Waitress/ Waitor
- What were some of the fears you had about your job at the beginning of the pandemic before restaurants were shut down?
- How has the pandemic affected the way you do your job?
- What are some aspects of the social part of your job that have changed dramatically?
- How do you think the pandemic will affect your job as a restaurant worker in the future?
2. I want to understand how the pandemic has affected those who manage restaurants.
- What are some ways in which your job has changed since the pandemic started?
- How did the pandemic effect how you do your job?
- Do you think there are any things about the restaurant you would change in how they handled their response to the pandemic?
- How do you think post-pandemic life will affect your job as a restaurant worker?
3. I want to understand how the owners of restaurants have been affected by the pandemic?
- What is the one part of your job that has been the most affected by the pandemic?
- What were some of the factors you took into consideration when reopening to the public for outdoor and indoor seating?
- What are some of the decisions you have to make about your restaurant now that you did not have to make prior to the pandemic?
- If you could respond differently to the pandemic, what is one thing you would consider adding to your restaurant if we were moved back into a state of lockdown?
4. I want to understand how bartenders, who have a more social job, were effected by the pandemic.
- Would you consider your job very social? If so, what is one of the biggest aspects of your job that has been affected by the pandemic?
- What are some things you can no longer do while doing your job because of the pandemic?
- What are some things, if any, that you find easier about your job because of the pandemic?
- In one word, how would you describe your experience as a bartender both before and during the pandemic?